Jaded

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Aspects of Love?

Since this is a study week, naturally, I would be spending time mugging through tons of notes and books while I cough by lungs out caused by the bloody painful sore throat that I’m having since wed. So I decided to take a break from all these and go watch a musical with glen who received a pair of free tickets after spending money at Barang Barang. It's call, 'Aspects of Love' composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber. I don't know what the story is about but it have to be good right? After all, he did composed musicals such as Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat, Cats and Phantom of the opera...

Well, Glen and I left after the interval... Maybe it's because we don't understand the musical but I think most part of it was kinda badly acted out. The transitions of the scenes were kinda abrupt at certain points, the sound system wasn't top notch, the singing was okay. I like Andrew Lloyd Webbers's musicals... I like Cats and Phantom of the Opera, no correction, I love Cats & Phantom of the Opera. But I just can't appreciate this musical... To me, it was about messy and confusing love triangle between a besotted young man, a poor wannabe actress and an old man (fine... a mature man) who just happens to be that young man's uncle. In the process of this messy love triangle, add in the uncle's ex-Italian lover from Vienna, army and marriage after a threesome between the uncle, his Italian lover and the wannabe actress plus a baby being produced post wedding... How weird is that?

So at the end of the night, we went to have a little late night dinner at Breko in Bugis and head on back home after a brief bitching session… So, thanks glen! For the erm, interesting play and wonderful bitching session!

I hate exams…
posted by JESS at 1:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home