Jaded

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Nearing the end of the road

The 13th annual student conference is drawing close but we are not done with our research yet!!! Literature review, methodology, data analysis, results, discussion and conclusion are left undone... My team and i are gonna die from stress and be buried under all the journal articles and data from the hospitals.

I think i'm overworked to the point where i have been sick for a week and i've yet to recover. The virus in my body is having fun with evolution, from a bad sore throat to a combination with flu and now, it has become really bad flu and cough. I have been refusing to go see a doctor despite my parents' fervent reminders, because i've faith in my own immune system. Now, after one week, i'm not so sure anymore... If it doesn't get any worse, i'm not going to see my GP.

Final 6-weeks clinicals are in 3 weeks time, graduation is in July... and i'll be a working adult in no time. The past three years have flew by and the changes i see in myself are tremendous. Well, at least i think i've changed for the better. No longer as narrow-minded, no longer finding faults in others and no longer an extreme workaholic as i used to be. I've learnt to appreciate life, the people and the things i have around me. Must say that I'm happier than i used to be although i believe it can be better. I'll just have to see what life has installed for me after i graduate.

Current Development Stage Transition of Miss Jessica Hooi
(based on Erikson's 8 stages of dvpt)
Adolescent
Identity vs Role Confusion
Tries integrating many roles (child, sibling, student, athlete,worker) into a self-image under role model and peer pressure
TO
Young Adult
Intimacy vs Isolation
Learns to make personal commitment to another as spouse, parent or partner

Personal Mantra (from now till graduation):
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
posted by JESS at 12:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home